Throughout her 27 years as a teacher and a trainer, Elie has developed a diverse set of fitness skills. In addition to personal training, she teaches group fitness classes online and throughout the DC area and leads fitness education, continuing education workshops and master classes. A main focus in her teaching and training is injury prevention and education. She has worked with cancer survivors, pre/post-rehab clients, seniors and other special populations, as well as the general public in all facets of fitness.
Mixing her diverse skillset and education with a no-nonsense approach, Elie has helped hundreds of clients and students reach fitness goals, rehab injuries, improve posture and balance and restore their confidence in their own abilities. Elie’s schedule is limited, but she does do virtual, some in-home and in-office training and education talks.
Elie has been a fitness expert for video and online media for the Discovery Channel’s Fit TV, Washington Post Newspaper and Washingtonian Magazine. She is featured as Washingtonian Magazine’s Top Trainers in the DC area. She has both directed and been a lead trainer for Fit Physique’s educational programs including Core Fitness Professional (CFP), Quality Instructor Training (QIT+), Quality Personal Training (QPT+), and Samayama Yoga (SYT) programs. Through those programs and others, she has taught hundreds of people to become personal trainers and group fitness instructors. As a co-teacher for Project F.I.T., she worked in conjunction with the International Women’s Democracy Center to provide fitness instructor training programs for women in public or assisted housing. She is also a former Adjunct Professor in American University’s Health and Fitness Department.
Elie holds the following certifications:
- ACSM Health & Fitness Instructor
- ACSM CET Cancer Exercise Trainer
- ACSM NCPAD Inclusive Exercise Trainer
- ACE Clinical Exercise Specialist
- ACE Lifestyle & Weight Management
- ACE Personal Trainer
- ACE Group Fitness Instructor
- AFAA Aerobic Instructor
- AFAA Step Aerobics Instructor
Elie teaches the following fitness classes:
- Group Strength
- Circuit Training
- Low Impact Aerobics
- Step Aerobics
- Belly Dancing
- Salsa Aerobics
- World Dance Party
- Fauxga – her own brand of yoga based stretching
View Elie in the media here:
- Northwest Current Newspaper, City Fitness 20th Anniversary, page 5, 2013
- Washingtonian Magazine Blog, The Full Body 5-4-3-2-1 Workout, 2012
- Washingtonian Magazine Blog, Local Trainers’ 12 Guilty Pleasures, 2012
- Washingtonian Magazine, Top Trainers in DC, 2011
- Washingtonian Magazine, FitCheck for Knees Video, 2011
- Washingtonian Magazine, Have Less Stress, 2010
- Consulted for the Book: Breathe, Stretch, Write: Learning to Write with Everything You’ve Got By Sheree Fitch, 2010
- Washington Post, Ask the Moving Crew, 2007
Interested in scheduling a session? Use the contact page to contact Elie directly.